Tuesday 5 January 2016

100 Word Challenge by Castiel

Confessions of a Cupcake

“Stop climbing me!” I say as I feel a tug on my protective paper. Of course, no such luck. People just don’t seem to understand that cinnamon cupcakes have rights just as much as the chocolate ones do. Does my red paper and intense cinnamon flavour seem warm and welcoming to you? Does my cinnamon stick and bundle of marshmallows come off as kind and delicious? Suddenly, my senses become aware as I am jabbed with something sharp, like a fork. I then realize that the climbers have reached the top with intentions of devouring me alive.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your story, though you are missing a comma after sharp near the end. I feel like you can split the last sentence into two shorter sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you could add some more dialogue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting idea to personify (take on the personality) a cupcake. Definitely thinking outside the box. Just wondering if the cupcake would actually speak or just be thinking the thoughts in the first line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this!! It is so sensuous in many ways and you have given this cake a wonderful personality! Fabulous! Definitely one for the showcase!!

    Mrs Skinner
    Bristol UK

    ReplyDelete